Tuesday, 18 July 2017

"Stories for Europe": Make a start inspired by a song you love

Last week, as I was working with a lot of excitement for “Stories for Europe”, an ambitious project which aims to give rise to a bright future for Europe, I suddenly started whistling the melody of an old song from Suede, a favorite group from my youth time. The title of the song is "Europe is our playground". Immediately I searched for it on youtube. I was touched when I found the song performed live at the historical Schlachthof in Munich 20 years ago, a concert that I was planning to go traveling from Greece, but I finally didn't manage. I started listening to the song and I came into tears...
Run with me baby, let your hair down
through every station, through every town
run with me baby, let's take a chance
from Heathrow to Hounslow, from the Eastern Block to France
Europe is our playground.......
I imagined a place, a new Europe, where everybody who finds themselves and wants to stay in this land, could work, love and live together in prosperity, peace and co-create the new history of Europe.
If you want to co-shape with us a luminous future for Europe embraced by our authentic stories, please join our kick-off event in Aachen (once being the Capital of Europe), on the 15th and 16th of September.
In the meantime, it would be wonderful if you like to get connected with us with a song you love and resonates with your dream for Europe. And if you have a bit more time you could share your story of what connects you with this song. We are thinking of creating a gigantic patchwork of songs, which speak in the heart of people living in Europe and to present it during our event in Aachen. So here is my song.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFytZzzbhWk



No comments: